Just My Day Blog

The Dirt Bike Rider

On Saturday May 17th I went with my son Travis and his son (my grandson) Jeremiah to watch Jeremiah race his dirt bike. It was a beautiful sunny day, one of the first ones for my part of the country. Along with us were two other boys and their family's . One is Jeremiah's best friend Mikey, who later on that afternoon was having a week belated birthday party. He was going to be celebrating his 6th birthday. Yes my little dirt bike racers were in the 6 year age period!

The other little boy, Cooper, I had never met before, along with his parents with whom it was a joy to meet. Being the Grandma I was much older than the rest of them. But I was not treated as such!

I know Mikey's mom and have met his dad a few times. The race was to start at 9 A.M. that morning and we were on the road at 6:30 A.M. I have not been up that early in a long time. I have been a mom since I was 16 , so sleeping in was something I never had the privilege of doing. The drive was around 75 miles from our house. Living in the mountains those 75 miles took us down our mountain and straight to the desert. This is Jeremiah sticking his head out of the sunroof looking at the dirt bike tracks!



Is it not a wonderful sight to see in the eyes of a 6 year old " pure excitement!!!"
That is his Daddy, my son Travis standing at the drivers door.

I think I see the glimmer of excitement on his face also!!!
This could be a very long story as there were many things that did not quite go right, such as the boys division 's race was not until 4 to 5 in the afternoon.

We did not come prepared for that! No water, nor sunscreen, NOR SHADE!!!

They did however allow our boys to use the little guys track the whole day. That is where they had there fun!

This is my Jeremiah Lee
Now there were others there also who thought the race was at 9A.M. for his age group. Sooo What do you do in that situation?



You make a race for them all.

And that is what we did!!!
On your mark!
Photobucket
Get set



Photobucket
And Travis lets the flag (in this case old bandana) down



Go!




And with Cooper clearly in the lead

they round the corner

Where Jeremiah Lee CLEARLY takes the lead for the rest of the race. Cooper comes in 2nd with Mikey placing 3rd!

YES!!!

Grandmothers are suppose to brag!

website counter











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something Particular? Click on a tag!

I'd love to have you


If you like my blog,

then link back to me please!

Scroll Dust Woman and A Daily Laugh

My other blogs.

A Daily Laugh




Please stop by!

Where you are from!

Followers

Placed 11-14-2010


Past Posts

Popular Posts

Todays Birthdays

Today's Birthdays

Today in History

Today in History