Just My Day Blog

Huge Gator with a deer in its mouth

I am not sure why this gator had to be shot. It seems like something else COULD have been done. This is what the person who sent this to me said, and I could not agree with him more! By the size of him ,he obviously has done pretty good on his own. I personally think this is a tragedy that he just could not have been moved somehow.
This picture was taken by a Lifeflight helicopter flying over  Lake Istapoka ,
 (For those of you who are not local,  Lake Istapoka is near Sebring, Fl.)
 
That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth
 
  
The alligator was found between  Lake Istapoka and Pinedale estates... near a house,

Game Wardens were forced to shoot the alligator- guess he wouldn't cooperate.

Jayne and Don Hobkirk could hear the bellowing in the night. Their neighbors had been
telling them that they had seen a mammoth alligator in the Lake that runs behind their house,
but they dismissed the stories as being exaggerations.

"I didn't believe it," Don Hobkirk said.

Friday they realized the stories were, if anything, understated.

Florida Game and Parks game wardens had to shoot the beast...

Joe Goff, 6' 5" tall, a game warden with the Florida Game and Parks Commission, walks past the 23-foot, one inch alligator that he shot and killed in the back yard of Jayne & Don Hobkirk..
 
God, I just think this is soooo sad.
.

 
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something Particular? Click on a tag!

I'd love to have you


If you like my blog,

then link back to me please!

Scroll Dust Woman and A Daily Laugh

My other blogs.

A Daily Laugh




Please stop by!

Where you are from!

Followers

Placed 11-14-2010


Past Posts

Popular Posts

Todays Birthdays

Today's Birthdays

Today in History

Today in History