Just My Day Blog

12 Hours of Temecula

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ A BRAGGING MOTHERS WORDS , this is not the post for you!
I was just informed that tomorrow my town is not going to have electricity from 9:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M. Not only does this mean I will not get to work in my shop it also means that I will not be able to blog! This is going to interrupt my parental bragging rights! You see my son went AND rode AND finished an endurance bike race yesterday called 12 Hours of Temecula. Hence the title to this post!!!
Anyway I had a big plan on posting a big thing about it in the morning as that IS my PARENTAL BRAGGING RIGHT!!!  Sooo I will have to wait a extra day to do this so I will post what I can now. This was Troy's first ever bike endurance race. He placed 3rd in his class (of riders).   They (the riders) had to ride 6 laps. Every lap was/is 12 miles, each lap had a 1,800 ft. of climbing. Which in my complete lack of mathematical skills = 10,800 feet of climbing throughout the day. It took him 11 hours and 15 minutes.The way I look at it is 5,280 feet is a mile (I think and hope) which means he rode from sea level up to my town, which is I believe somewhere around 5,800 feet, almost twice!
This is the son that served in Iraq and wreaked havoc on my heart for 16 months. He also decided he could not wait to meet the world, and I gave birth to him at 6 months and 1 week gestation!  A whopping 2lbs.12 ounces , he dropped to 2 lbs. 2 ounces.
So far in this 24 years of life he has never let anything hold him back. Be it the womb or war or an endurance race, My Boy Troy just keeps on keepin on.
His dad would be soooo proud!!!
Troy cooling off!
Troy is on the left
Troy drinking what looks like a much needed refreshment!
This occurred in Temecula California, and there is to be another one in November. All the pictures are not up on the sight about this, Sooo come tomorrow after 5:00 P.M. I will be posting more.
I hope no-one is thinking in their mind, "gosh she is a bragging B-----"  Because I warned you. Thanks.!!!
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something Particular? Click on a tag!

I'd love to have you


If you like my blog,

then link back to me please!

Scroll Dust Woman and A Daily Laugh

My other blogs.

A Daily Laugh




Please stop by!

Where you are from!

Followers

Placed 11-14-2010


Past Posts

Popular Posts

Todays Birthdays

Today's Birthdays

Today in History

Today in History