Just My Day Blog

Gilroy GardensImage via Wikipedia

I received these pictures via E-Mail from another friend of mine that had found me through classmates. I had actually heard that he was no longer with us 20 or so odd years ago. Imagine my surprise when I get my notice from classmates informing me I had an E-Mail from John so and so.It was definitely a nice surprise. I have seen some of these pictures on the web but not all of them. Awesome!!!
Thanks Johnny!




If  you ever want to see trees like  this, go to Gilroy Gardens in Gilroy, CA. A number of these trees had  been imported from the old Santa's Village Park in Santa Cruz after it closed in 1989. They almost got bulldozed except for a guy who saw them and wanted them for his new botanical amusement park. That guy was Joe Bonfonte who opened Bonfonte Gardens which later became  Gilroy Gardens. This is a low key park with  only a few rides of merit for adults but the scenery - the trees, plants,  bushes, fountains, streams, etc. are just great.  Stop by if you are ever  in the "garlic capital " (aka  Gilroy).

Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


P.S. To Johnny,
I saw the pic, Lookin' good!!!Photobucket


Photobucket
Zemanta Pixie
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something Particular? Click on a tag!

I'd love to have you


If you like my blog,

then link back to me please!

Scroll Dust Woman and A Daily Laugh

My other blogs.

A Daily Laugh




Please stop by!

Where you are from!

Followers

Placed 11-14-2010


Past Posts

Popular Posts

Todays Birthdays

Today's Birthdays

Today in History

Today in History