Just My Day Blog

A shop accident, Humble Pie, and Lumberjocks

Last night I had something happen to myself that scared the shit right on out of me. It was a shop accident . (I work with wood) I had no one to un-shatter me about it except those I know over at Lumberjocks. Lumberjocks is a wonderful working with wood community that I feel some of it's members are closer to me than some of my own family members! So I went to them.

This is the letter I wrote in their forums.
Even though it’s been over an hour ago I am still shaking. I was using my band saw when I was cutting a piece of hard wood and I heard and felt the familiar feeling of the blade coming off it’s wheels. Yet I had just got done with the cut and had already put my cut piece down and turned off my saw . It all happened soo fast. I have only owned and ran one band saw in these three years and I really do know it’s little ways. I never thought twice. I opened the door to get to the blade and I have never experienced anything like that in my life. I am sure you know now that it had not fallen off, it had broke. That M.F.er’ flew around that room with no intent of stopping. I was ducking and ducking and ducking some more and I am sure I was screaming at least I think so.(Of course no one came). I was 100% spared and the only reason I think so is the way I was standing and the way I opened that door. I opened it fully so at the very beginning there was nothing to bounce off of (on the machine). I just gave it full reign on wherever it may go.
I learned a very important lesson tonight. I just shudder to think what may have happened. If someone else would have been in that room they surely would have been hit. I just happened to know where everything was and was able to duck good enough. I know the spinning sound of my band saw when I break a blade . All I can think is it had fallen off or was just about ready too and when I opened the door it busted at that very second.
What scares me the most is I am afraid of my own fear. Like falling off a horse, they say you are suppose to get right back on. I don’t see it that way (right now anyway) I am scared I will never touch the thing again!

Here is the link to all the wonderful words of encouragemant, along with reality checks, well wishes, and the such.
I do not know how I would have been feeling all last night and today without them!
If you are interested please check here!

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/5273
2 comments:

Allison,
Glad you're ok, machine breakdowns are real scarry and dangerous.


Yes they are! I also need to never EVER lose sight of that!
Thanks for the comment,
PEACE!!!


Post a Comment

Something Particular? Click on a tag!

I'd love to have you


If you like my blog,

then link back to me please!

Scroll Dust Woman and A Daily Laugh

My other blogs.

A Daily Laugh




Please stop by!

Where you are from!

Followers

Placed 11-14-2010


Past Posts

Popular Posts

Todays Birthdays

Today's Birthdays

Today in History

Today in History