Just My Day Blog

Navy Petty Officer Mike Monsoor

I received this from a friend today. I thought I would share.


PO2 (EOD2)(Explosive Ordnance Disposal) Mike Monsoor, a Navy EOD
Technician, was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor posthumously
for jumping on a grenade in  Iraq , giving his life to save his fellow
Seals.

During Mike Monsoor's funeral in  San Diego , as his coffin was being
moved from the hearse to the grave site at Ft. Rosecrans National
Cemetery, SEAL's were lined up on both sides of the pallbearers route
forming a column of two's, with the coffin moving up the center.  As
Mike's coffin passed, each SEAL, having removed his gold Trident from
his uniform, slapped it down embedding the Trident in the wooden
coffin. 
The slaps were audible from across the cemetery; by the time the
coffin arrived grave side, it looked as though it had a gold inlay
from all the Tridents pinned to it.  This was a fitting send-off for a
warrior hero.

This should be front-page news instead of the crap we see every day.
I am damn proud of our military.

God Bless our Troops

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something Particular? Click on a tag!

I'd love to have you


If you like my blog,

then link back to me please!

Scroll Dust Woman and A Daily Laugh

My other blogs.

A Daily Laugh




Please stop by!

Where you are from!

Followers

Placed 11-14-2010


Past Posts

Popular Posts

Todays Birthdays

Today's Birthdays

Today in History

Today in History