Just My Day Blog

Yellow Jacket and Bee Stings.

Yellow Jacket and Bee Stings.

Just  remember, when you see a penny on the floor, pick it up.  You'll
never know  when you will need it.
This information may be something to  remember, as this season will soon be
here again...It might be  wise to carry a penny in your pocket while working in the
yard......... BEE STINGS!
A couple of weeks ago, I was stung by  both a bee and hornet while working
in the garden. My arm  swelled up, so I went to the doctor. The clinic gave me cream and an  antihistamine. The next day the swelling was getting progressively  worse, so I went to my regular doctor.
The arm was infected and  needed an antibiotic. The doctor told me, ' the next time you  get stung, put a penny on the bite for 15 minutes.'
That night,  my niece was stung by two bees.  I looked at the bite and it had  already started to swell. So, I taped a penny to her arm for 15  minutes.  The next morning, there
was no sign of a bite.  We  decided she probably wasn't allergic to the sting.
Soon, I was  gardening outside.  I was stung again, twice by a hornet on my left  hand.  I thought, here I go again to the doctor for another  antibiotic..
I promptly got my money out and taped two pennies to  my bites, then sat
and sulked for 15 minutes. The penny took the sting  out of the bite almost immediately.
Wanted to share this information in  case you experience the same problem.
We need to keep a supply of pennies on hand.
The doctor said the copper in the penny  counteracts the bites. It works!
Pass this information on to your  friends, kids, grandkids, etc.
Note;
This came to me via e-mail, but I thought I would share. Can't see how it could hurt anyone unless of course if they were allergic to copper!
Pinetowns1stlady

2 comments:

Well this will come in handy here in yellow jacket country. My neighbors and I all have yellow jacket traps up. We started this last year and the population of those bastards is way down. I personally trapped about 1000 last year. I have about 200 so far this year. Try the traps ...


Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!


Post a Comment

Something Particular? Click on a tag!

I'd love to have you


If you like my blog,

then link back to me please!

Scroll Dust Woman and A Daily Laugh

My other blogs.

A Daily Laugh




Please stop by!

Where you are from!

Followers

Placed 11-14-2010


Past Posts

Popular Posts

Todays Birthdays

Today's Birthdays

Today in History

Today in History