Just My Day Blog

Trippin down memory lane

I received this from a friend of mine in an e-mail. I was going to put it on my other blog This too shall pass (thru)
because that is what that blog is all about, but I decided to place it here. It definitely dates me, but out of this whole list there are only two (2) items on the whole thing that I do not remember. 
So here's to some good memories.
(Especially teaberry gum, I used to ove that stuff.)
Allison

The perfect age is somewhere between old enough to know better and too young to care. How many of these do you remember?

  Candy cigarettes

Plastic Army Men

Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water inside
 
Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles

Coffee shops with tableside jukeboxes

Blackjack, Clove and Teaberry chewing gum

Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers

Chief Pontiac Signs

P.F. Fliers

Telephone numbers with a word prefix...(Raymond 4-601). Party lines

Howdy Dowdy

45 RPM records

45 rpm spindles

Green Stamps

Metal ice cubes trays with levers

Beanie and Cecil

Roller-skate keys

Cork pop guns

Marlin Perkins

Drive in Movies

Drive in restaurants

Car Hops

Studebakers

Topo Gigio

Washtub wringers

The Fuller Brush Man

Sky King

Reel-To-Reel tape recorders

Tinkertoys

Erector Sets

Lincoln Logs

15 cent McDonald hamburgers

5 cent packs of baseball cards

Penny candy

25 cent a gallon gasoline

Jiffy Pop popcorn

5 cent stamps

Gum wrapper chains

Chatty Cathy dolls

5 cent Cokes

Speedy Alka-Seltzer

Cigarettes for Christmas

Falstaff Beer

Burma Shave signs

Brownie camera

Flash bulbs

TV Test patterns

Old Yeller

Chef Boy-ar-dee

Fire escape tubes

Timmy and Lassie

Ding Dong Avon calling!!

Brylcreem

Aluminum Christmas Trees

If you can remember most or all of these, then you have lived!!!!!!!
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something Particular? Click on a tag!

I'd love to have you


If you like my blog,

then link back to me please!

Scroll Dust Woman and A Daily Laugh

My other blogs.

A Daily Laugh




Please stop by!

Where you are from!

Followers

Placed 11-14-2010


Past Posts

Popular Posts

Todays Birthdays

Today's Birthdays

Today in History

Today in History